Thank you for your interest in the Duck Team 6 Guest Dog Program!
Our Guest Dog Program was established to help individuals who need to find a permanent home for a dog in their care. Many times we do not have a DT6 foster home available, but we can provide assistance to those who are able to act as long-term fosters for the dogs who need a new home.
- You provide a home for the dog while we work together to locate a new family.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered, current on vaccinations, and be on flea/tick/heartworm prevention. (If you cannot provide this medical care for your dog, please contact our Outreach coordinator.)
- You agree to bring the dog to adoption events and meetings with potential adopters.
- You maintain contact with our Placement Coordinator in order to help us match your dog with the right family.
- You review the adoption applications with the Placement team.
- Add your dog to our list of available dogs, which is viewable on Petfinder* and the Duck Team 6 website.
- Post your dog on our social media channels.
- Field incoming inquiries about your dog.
- Provide advice on how to prepare your dog for a new home.
- Keep you informed of incoming adoption applications.
There is no charge to participate in our Guest Dog Program. However, we do appreciate any donations that you can provide to help us in our mission to reduce the street dog population through Capture, Placement, and Outreach.
*Please be aware that Petfinder only allows a dog to be listed on their database once, so if your dog is already part of another rescue group, we cannot create a duplicate listing for the same dog.
To get started, click the button below to fill out the application for our Guest Dog Program: